Sunday, September 8, 2013

Silent "E" Scavenger Hunt


So...I have to admit, I am a major Teacher Pay Teacher's addict. It is seriously a dangerous thing. I could spend hours searching through all the amazing products. If you are a fellow TPT user, than you will understand the excitement felt when you find an awesome product that is FREE! 


Our skill for the week was silent E, so I logged into TPT and searched for some fun activities to do with my Wild Things, and I stumbled onto this activity.  I changed the use of it a little, by turning it into a scavenger hunt. 

The kids loved getting to use their clipboards and search the room for hidden words. The used their silent "e" magnifying glasses to change the words! My quick finishers were instructed to practice writing sentences using these new words. I also loved this scavenger hunt, because it allowed me to circulate and talk with the kids, an informal assessment on their understanding of the skill. 

This was a great TPT find, that allowed me to make learning the skill for the week a little more fun! Plus the kids loved getting to keep their brand new magnifying glasses! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment