Sunday, September 29, 2013

Teacher Survival Kit

One of my favorite things about being a teacher, is the fact that so many of my good friends are also teachers! It provides me with many outlets to discuss new ideas, to vent about a long day, and gives me people that understand the "teacher life!" 
One of my absolute best friends just started her first year teaching 5th grade! She had taught previously in Oklahoma, but it has been a couple year since teaching. I decided to surprise her with a Teacher Survival Kit. I had seen several ideas on Pinterest, and one kind teacher at my school made me one when I first arrived, so I had lots of help. 


 I found the box at Michaels and found the stickers there as well. They have so many options, that picking the right ones can be a challenge! I loved the contrast between the bright letters and the cardboard ones!

So what did I deem essential for this survival kit? 


1. Mini Toothbrushes (How many times have you been wishing you had this after a lunch?)
2. Advil...need I explain?

3. Notepad and Post Its (for all those little reminder notes!) 
4. Fancy Flower Pen (make writing those notes a little more fun)
5. Stickers (kids will do anything for a sticker...and these ones are giant!) 

6. Kleenex (Classrooms are germy...you will probably get a cold!)
7. Shout To Go (For those rushed mornings where you spill something!)
8. Deodrant (another rushed morning essential!)
9. Protein Bar (for the day you forget to pack a lunch!) 

10. Apple Timer 
11. Airborne 
12. Stamps

13. Hall Defense Vitamin C Drops

There are so many different things you can put in your own Teacher Survival Kit. I loved this box because it was HUGE and allowed me to fit everything in it! 

















1 comment:

  1. So cute! Will have to share this with my teacher girlfriends!

    Hope you'll enter my L'Occitane giveaway: http://withlovefromkat.com/fall-beauty-must-haves-with-loccitane-divine-body-oil-cream-collection/

    xo Kat
    www.withlovefromkat.com

    ReplyDelete