Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Digital Book Talks: Connecting Literature and Technology


Going along with the title of this blog, I figured I would share a little technology project that is PERFECT for upper grades! This was a college assignment we completed for a technology class. I think the Digital Book Talk is a great way for students to share book recommendations with their classmates. There are so many things you can do with the Digital Book Talk, mine is very simple. The basic idea behind a Digital Book Talk is that you read a few pages of the book, and it with several questions that cause the viewer to predict what will happen, and encourage the viewer to read the book. I think it would be so awesome to have students complete these over the summer and share them with their classmates when they come back to school!

Since I work with second graders, I would have to modify this project a little bit...because lets be honest this would be QUITE the project for second graders! :) Last year, my kids did fantastic jobs making their own books using Book Creator. This year I am planning on having them make a Digital Book Talk with their fourth grade buddy. It will be very beneficial to have each student paired with an older student!

Here is an example of a pretty basic Digital Book Talk I made in college...and can you guess what book I used?? :) I used iMovie to create this, and it was very easy to do!!


Have your students created a Digital Book Talk before?? I would love to hear how it went!

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a great idea. Much more creative than a normal old book report.

    ReplyDelete